Archive for December 22nd, 2009
BIGGEST TWITTER MOMENTS OF 2009
Another year has come to pass and it would be hard ignore the fact that 2009 has been year of the Tweet. From politics to pop stars, Mojave looks at the biggest Twitter moments of the year.
2. The Iranian Election
- State Dept requested that Twitter delay scheduled maintenance in order to continue receiving coverage
- Revolutionized news reporting and real-time information availability
3. Moonfruit Twitter Promotion
- Beat out Michael Jackson and the Iranian Election as a trending Twitter topic by randomly giving out an Apple Macbook Pro every day, for 7 days.
- Brought social media marketing to the forefront of advertising industry
4. Ashton Kutcher vs. CNN
- Ashton (@aplusk) challenged CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) to a Twitter popularity contest in a race to be the first to collect one million followers.
- Kutcher promised to donate 10,000 mosquito bed nets to charity for World Malaria Day if he won the contest and 1,000 if he lost. CNN would match the wager if they won.
- Ashton celebrated a victory with CNN trailing only 30 minutes behind.